#15 MATT ALLEN - Revenue Based Financing, Building an Investment Syndicate
For Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Youtube and Website Links go to: https://linktr.ee/MinimumViablePod. Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!
Tractor Ventures Co-Founder and Startmate Mentor Matt Allen is on a mission to help founders hold onto as much of their equity as they want to, for as long as they like.
He is achieving this mission by bringing revenue-based financing into the mainstream Down Under.
In this episode we talk about:
- Mike Cannon-Brookes and his AGL endeavors
- Matt's start as a web developer and other career highlights
- Revenue-based financing and the Tractor Ventures business model
- How investment syndicates operate and Side Stage Ventures
Since '96 Matt has:
- been a software developer, mostly on the web.
- ran a hosting company.
- co-founded and exited (with varying degrees of success) 5 tech startups. (River Dynamics, YourWeb, ProcessGo, Wattcost, DoneSafe).
- become a partner at Lookahead Search, opened and ran the Melbourne office.
- directed Founder Institute for two semesters in Melbourne.
- was the President then Treasurer of Ruby Australia.
- made 11 early stage investments (Pin Payments, Practice Ignition, Buildkite, Gyde, Hava, Teamsquare, Mentor Loop, Spaceship financial, CodeLingo, Making Things, Taggd).
- helped Blackbird Ventures with deal flow
- Invested in and mentored with StartMate since 2017 Sydney batch, Partner since MEL17
- joined the Amazon AWS Startup team in Melbourne, VC BD.
- formed Tractor Ventures, Australia’s first Revenue Based investment fund.
For Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Youtube and Website Links go to: https://linktr.ee/MinimumViablePod