#17 - How to build a hiring process like Canva | Mahesh Muralidhar
For Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Youtube and Website Links go to: https://linktr.ee/MinimumViablePod. Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!
Currently focussed on supporting and developing the New Zealand startup ecosystem via Phase One Ventures.
Mahesh has held multiple executive roles in some of Australia's most iconic startups. He has experienced how to build a global Unicorn from ground up as an early employee and the first Head of People at Canva (SAAS) helping to scale to 200+ people. He had the opportunity to drive operational excellence, helping Airtasker (marketplace) become profitable, go global and go public. He was the COO at Simply Wall St (Fintech), as it hit an inflection point setting up the right foundations for it to accelerate and grow.
You can follow along with Mahesh here:
In this episode, we talk about:
- Mahesh's relentless hustle, getting Uber as a client through Tim Tams
- Getting hired by Mel and Cliff at Canva to run their People Operations
- Canva's hiring process, how to hire an A+ team
- Setting expectations w/ the Board, getting alignment
- Working at Airtasker as VP People Operations and Simply Wall Street as COO
- Supporting the NZ Startup Ecosystem and more...